CVUK Ltd (company no. 4605108) processes personal data in relation to its own staff, work-seekers and individual client contacts. It is vitally important that we abide by the principles of the GDPR set out below.
CVUK Ltd collects and holds data on individuals for the following general purposes: staff administration; advertising, marketing and public relations; accounts and records; administration and processing of work-seekers personal data for the purposes of work-finding services. On occasions this may also include – sensitive personal information such as details of criminal convictions and ethnic origin. This information is held, used and disclosed by us as follows:
- To provide our services to you;
- To maintain our business relationship, where you are a user of our website, a client or candidate;
- To enable you to submit your CV for general applications, to apply for specific jobs or to subscribe to our job alerts;
- To match your details with job vacancies, to assist us in finding a position that is most suitable for you and to send your personal information (including sensitive personal information) to clients in order to apply for jobs;
- To answer your enquiries;
- To direct-market products and services, advise you of news and industry updates, events, promotions and competitions, reports and other information. Where we do so, you will be able to unsubscribe from such communications;
- To fulfil contractual obligations with our clients;
- Where you are registered as a candidate on our database in the UK your personal information is accessible to our office in Australia;
- To trusted third parties where we have retained them to provide services that you or our clients have requested, such as reference, qualification and criminal reference checking services (as required), verification of the details you have provided from third party sources, psychometric evaluations or skills tests. These third parties comply with similar and equally stringent undertakings of privacy and confidentiality as CVUK Ltd;
- To third parties who perform functions on our behalf and who also provide services to us, such as professional advisors, IT consultants carrying out testing and development work on our business technology systems, research and mailing houses and function co-ordinators. These third parties comply with similar undertakings of privacy and confidentiality as CVUK Ltd;
- We may also release personal information to regulatory or law enforcement agencies, if they require us to do so. We will also disclose your information where we are permitted and requested to do so by law; and
- We may also seek your consent to collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for any other purpose not listed above.
GDPR requires CVUK Ltd to act as data controller to process data in accordance with the principles of data protection. These require that data shall be: fairly and lawfully processed; processed for limited purposes; adequate, relevant and not excessive; accurate; not kept longer than necessary; processed in accordance with the data subject rights; kept securely; not transferred to countries outside the European Economic Area without adequate protection.
Personal data means data, which relates to a living individual who can be identified from the data or from the data together with other information, which is in the possession of, or is likely to come into possession of, CVUK Ltd.
Processing means obtaining, recording or holding the data or carrying out any operation or set of operations on the data. It includes organising, adapting and amending the data, retrieval, consultation and use of the data, disclosing and erasure or destruction of the data. It is difficult to envisage any activity involving data, which does not amount to processing. It applies to any processing that is carried out on computer including any type of computer however described, main frame, desktop, laptop, palm top etc.
Data will be reviewed on a regular basis to ensure that it is accurate, relevant and up to date.
Data may only be processed with consent of the person whose data is held. Therefore, if they have not consented to your personal details being passed to a third party this may constitute a breach of the GDPR.
You also have the right to ask CVUK Ltd to stop using your information. However, if this involves a request for deletion of your file, please be aware that we may not be required or able to do so, particularly where your file also holds information about our clients or financial information that we need to keep for periods of up to six years, i.e. that relate to tax matters.
Where we are unable to comply with your request we will provide reasons for failing to do so.
Equal Opportunities: CVUK Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and a company committed to diversity. This means that all job applicants and members of staff will receive equal treatment and that we will not discriminate on grounds of gender, marital status, race, ethnic origin, colour, nationality, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, religion or age. As part of our commitment to equal opportunities we may from time to time use information provided by you for the purposes of diversity monitoring. All such information will be used on an anonymised basis.
If you would like to make a request for information about how your personal information is used, or if you want to access, correct or remove your personal details please contact us: CVUK, Duke Street House, 50 Duke Street, London W1K 6JL, Telephone: 020 7491 5300 or email: email@example.com.