Womenswear Designer (mat cover).Reference: 69747
I am looking for a multi-product Womenswear Designer who has strong CAD skills and experience working with overseas suppliers, to join our small team producing trend focused designs and assisting the head of design with all aspects of the collection.
Main Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for all the new CAD drawings for design sheets, this will be a large area of the role.
- Work together with the Head of Design to implement company handwriting whilst moving the brand forward
- Work on new fabric & trim developments and fabric selection for the collection
- Work with the Head of Design to define the designs that will be sketched and put into development for each collection
- Commercially identifying fabric/styles appropriate to the brand
- Undertake regular comparative shop reports and fashion trends
- Travel including Trade Exhibitions and fairs such as PURE & Moda to exhibit.
- Working closely with fabric suppliers and our factories abroad to create commercial products.
- Ability to work effectively with design briefs and understand the market and brand
- Attend fit sessions and amend tech packs
- Organize accessories and attend photoshoots for catalogue
- Experience in womenswear design from either supplier or retail background
- Experienced in operating within a creative team, in a fast-paced studio environment, delivering creative projects
- Highly skilled in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop, and ideally experience on InDesign
- Excellent communicator with a positive, easy-going attitude that blends well within a team
- Highly competent in design processes and operations and can take a garment from concept to production efficiently.
- Excellent trend and catwalk knowledge with the ability to translate into commercial designs
- Strong presentation skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Able to use initiative, as well as work in a team
- Good technical specs/attention to detail.
- CAD skills are essential.
Working hours 8.30am – 5pm / hybrid working available
12 months maternity cover role