Senior Product Development Manager.Reference: 69097
We are currently looking for a Senior Product Development Manager (SPDM) to join a well-established leading Skincare brand. Reporting to the Operations Director, the SPDM will own the end to end product development process. Business partnering the NPD and Commercial teams to bring world class product innovation to the customers at pace, on time and with the highest standards of regulatory compliance and project control. The ideal candidate for this Senior Product Development Manager must have 5+ years’ experience in project management and regulatory roles in cosmetics, skincare or a similar consumer product manufacturing environment.
- Overall owner for the go-to-market process and project manager for key product change projects in order to bring to market new products, or changes to artwork, packaging or formulations on existing products. Works within defined timing and project cost targets and ensures full compliance to local regulations in all the countries in which product is to be launched.
- Develop the Stage & gate process
- Working closely with the Head of Creative & Creative Director and supported by the Operations Director, develops a project and program management methodology centred on a clearly defined and agreed set of tasks within stages, and corresponding checkpoints and hurdle rates for approval by the leadership team at Stage & Gate meetings.
- Ensures project scope is clear, supports project specialists in NPD, marketing and sales to deliver project tasks, as well as ensuring project interdependencies are understood, identifying risks to costs and timelines, and escalating appropriately to ensure they’re resolved.
- Works with finance and demand planning to collate revenue and volume estimates
- Ensures product master data is set up and maintained
- Works with the supply chain manager to allocate new products to appropriate sourcing location ensuring optimal balance of cost, complexity and service. Liaises directly with contract manufacturing partners once chosen to ensure their tasks within launch projects are delivered on time, and that specifications, manufacturing methodologies etc. are transferred and adhered to.
- Works with marketing to communicate proposed product changes to the commercial team via trade marketing, and collates feedback to inform decisions on plans
- Ensures that all legal obligations, regulatory requirements and guidelines for products are clearly understood and tasks are built into that methodology. Compiles PIFs for new products and ensures they are updated for new product changes. Ensures the registration of products with appropriate body in each market.
- Owns the approval process for artwork changes, ensuring product artworks meets legal and regulatory requirements and that on-pack claims are supported by appropriate documentation.
- Maintains expertise in the skincare and cosmetics regulatory environment
- Familiar with the cosmetics regulatory environment particularly in the UK, US and Asia as well as ISO22716 cosmetics good manufacturing practice.
- A highly logical, methodical, structured thinker, with strong data analysis skills and attention to detail.
- Willingness to take on a deep and wide agenda, at ease with change & ambiguity, and a hands-on approach suitable for a small and fast growing business
- Broad awareness of the functions within a premium branded beauty business & role regulatory & project management in that.
- Ability to work cross functionally, clearly advocating the stage gate methodology across functions, and adapting style appropriately with those of different skillsets.
- Knowledge of German is beneficial