Product Developer.Reference: 69845
Responsible for the product development process in order to manufacture CLOTHES for REAL PEOPLE AT WORK that FIT and are FIT FOR PURPOSE.
Responsible for the entire product development process from; producing detailed technical specifications, (taking initial designs / drawings created by design team); through to final sample sign off by client. Including the sourcing of all trims and fabrics AND the ordering of the raw materials for sampling.
To provide the level of technical knowledge and understanding needed to solve a design brief from a product development perspective, within the work wear sector.
To ensure all sourcing and development is carried out in line with the Ethical, Sustainable and Environmental objectives of the company.
To ensure that within each project sustainability is embedded into the life cycle of the uniforms and their end of life deconstruction.
Within this role the product developer is required to visit UK & International manufacturers
Key Skills and Competencies:
- Highly proficient in MS Office application(s) (Excel) and Adobe Suite.
- Strong digital and technical drawing skills.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication & time management skills
- Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships both internally and with suppliers.
- Detail-oriented, with fit & basic pattern knowledge.
- Minimum 5 Years of experience in a product development role, experience within the uniform business preferable.
- Minimum 2 Years in managerial role
- Degree in fashion/textile.