The Merchandiser works closely with the Head of Merchandising to deliver product strategy and maximise commercial opportunities for their department. This is achieved through effective inventory management, accurate forecasting and improving availability to increase trading and reduce markdown spend and drive profitability of the business.
- Working closely with the Category Management team to build a commercial range.
- Developing detailed range plans with appropriate product phasing to ensure availability is maximised and to minimise terminal stock.
- Monitors and maintains buying margin and gross profit margins to maximise profitability.
- Monitoring range plans and trading plans to ensure optimum stock levels are achieved and OTB is maximised at all times to realise full revenue potential.
- Maximising in-season trading opportunities to ensure optimum trading and profitability.
- Reacting to trading activity suggesting markdowns and promotions where appropriate.
- Working closely with other departments in the business, Category Management, Marketing, Product Development, Quality Assurance, Online Trading and Retail
- Maintaining a collaborative approach to work and ensuring that all ranges and promotions are in line with business strategy and aligned with brand values.
- Performing detailed analysis and reporting at yearly, seasonal, weekly level by department, category, line and attribute. Identifying sales patterns and potential trading opportunities.
- Recruiting, training and motivating a team (AM and MAA) to ensure that business and brand objectives are met.
- Currently working as a Merchandiser with a minimum of 2 years’ experience at this level.
- Good understanding of Retail KPIs and how to influence them (sales, profit, markdown)
- Advanced Excel skills, with a high-level proficiency with other Microsoft Office programs.
- Experience of managing/leading a team
- Experience of setting up and maintaining a WSSI, category and line cards.
- NetSuite experience would be beneficial but not essential
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work cross-functionally.
- Enthusiasm and determination to thrive in a fast-growing business.
- Highly motivated with a can-do attitude
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload to meet deadlines
- Flexible and adaptable to changing priorities
- Demonstrate logical analysis and positive problem-solving skills
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays)
- Modern city centre offices in Manchester
- An opportunity to work with global sporting partners
- Office bar and breakout space with pool tables, dart board and TVs
- A chance to build a career with a fast paced, high growth brand