Garment Technologist – Childrenswear.Reference: JW-GT
32,500 - 38,000
A fantastic opportunity to join a beautiful sustainable apparel brand who are hugely successful and rapidly growing. I’m looking for a dynamic and experienced Garment Technologist who will play an integral role within the business.
- Prepare and deliver accurate and comprehensive tech packs each season turning design vision into quality product with consistent fit.
- Work closely with the Design and Buying Team to ensure products are fit for production and factories have all comments and additional information necessary to deliver quality product.
- Manage label and packaging process to ensure all are compliant with necessary regulations.
- Work to the company critical path to ensure deadlines are met accordingly. Track progress and report back on meeting targets.
- Be aware of business deadlines and other products affected when making commercial product decisions.
- Ensure that accurate and up to date information is completed on the seasonal progress chart.
- Carry out wearer trials on new product developments to ensure they perform correctly and meet quality standards.
- Perform full risk assessments of quality and production issues on every product prior to production.
- Review pre-production samples to ensure they are fit for production. Work closely with Buying team on any problem styles which could affect delivery.
- Ensure pre-prod samples and gold seals are to technical specifications and perform to care label requirements.
- Follow up on any running issues or pending approvals with the team when reviewing Gold Seals.
- Assist with the seasonal QC process (and in the factories), working alongside the India Production Team to ensure all products meet quality and ethical standards.
- Work with the “on the ground” team in India to review, highlight and train our suppliers in garment construction, in line with our expectations.
Childrenswear experience is proffered but not essential.
Benefits include a competitive salary, great progression, pension, health care & flexible working.