Couture Machinist.Reference: 69679
My client is an international creative talent who is an absolute pleasure to work with, creating the most exquisite Couture evening dresses & bridal gowns.
I’m looking for an experienced Couture Machinist and hand finisher to start as freelance immediately, with a view to becoming full time.
For this role you must have experience on Couture evening wear & bridal. These stunning gowns are made from the finest materials: Silks including Satin, Tulle, French lace, beading, embroidery and feathers. My client has built up a strong global clientele.
- Sewing / creating dresses to the highest standard using the finest couture techniques
- Laying and cutting the finest materials
- Sewing with industrial sewing machines and sewing by hand.
- Take part in fittings with clients and pattern cutter, and making alterations
- Work closely with the pattern cutter and designer
- Be able to drape and mould the cloth on a mannequin
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as a professional couture maker or luxury RTW sample maker
- Corsetry experience is essential
- Cutting experience is essential
- Confident with machines and hand sewing
- Embroidery experience would be a huge advantage
Be part of a small team that works closely and creatively together, in a friendly environment