Buyer – 12 Month FTC.Reference: JW-BUY
On behalf of my client, a beautiful sustainable Apparel brand, we are looking for a bright and dynamic Buyer to join the team. Quality, fit and detail are at the heart of the business.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience, preferably in women’s fashion buying
- Experience working within retail with an excellent understanding of the marketplace, examining and reacting to customers buying behaviours and competitors.
- A keen eye for detail and accuracy
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to extract data.
- Creative problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Positive, Enthusiastic and Self-driven with a can-do attitude
- Previous experience in managing team members and a department.
- Proficient knowledge of MS office programmes, including PowerPoint and Excel.
Key Elements of Role
- Lead the product development team, inspiring direction and feel of season, reacting to customer buying behaviours and competitor marketplace.
- Analyse and predict trends in line with brand identity; demonstrate commercial awareness and creativity.
- Work closely with the merchandising team on seasonal strategy.
- Build a well-balanced seasonal range, reflecting current trading environment.
- Lead product sustainability and sourcing strategy, ensuring sustainability is at the forefront of product and buying decisions.
- Responsible for presenting and delivering range overview and conveying season overview to the wider company
- Manage communication with suppliers, leading negotiations and problem-solving issues.
- Manage a seasonal sales and margin budget
- Work alongside the Garment technician to maintain excellent quality and fit standards throughout all ranges.
- Work alongside the marketing team to deliver seasonal physical and online promotional material and stories.
- Manage relationships between the product team and other functions within the brand.