Assistant Merchandiser.Reference: 69899
up to £28k + career progression
The Assistant Merchandiser will support the Merchandiser in running departments through maximizing sales and profit opportunities, while minimising markdown spend. Supporting the growth of the department through providing accurate analysis, commercial suggestions, and proactive trading suggestions.
- Support the Merchandiser to maximise the profitability of the ranges, the stores, and the digital business and to deliver in-season actions to maximise profit opportunities.
- Create and maintain an accurate intake and delivery schedule
- Complete weekly analysis of department, product, and store performance to establish trading patterns
- Ensure line cards are maintained on a weekly basis; propose rebuy dates and volumes required
- Identify best and worst sellers and make recommendations
- Provide relevant analytics to support commercial decisions, taking appropriate action to influence the achievement of business goals
- Manage MAA daily activity, workload and priorities and delegate effectively whilst creating learning opportunities
- Already an Assistant merchandiser or strong MAA looking for the next step up.
- Strong Excel skills, with a high-level proficiency with other Microsoft Office programs.
- Some exposure to the WSSI/forecasting tools would be beneficial
- Some managerial experience would be desirable but not essential.
- NetSuite experience would be beneficial but not essential
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work cross-functionally.
- High level of accuracy
- Enthusiasm and determination to thrive in a fast-growing business.
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload to meet deadlines
- Flexible and adaptable to changing priorities
- Demonstrate logical analysis and positive problem-solving skills
- Highly motivated with a can-do attitude
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays)
- Modern city centre offices in Manchester
- An opportunity to work with global sporting partners
- Office bar and breakout space with pool tables, dart board and TVs
- A chance to build a career with a fast paced, high growth brand