Assistant Merchandiser.Reference: JW-AM
A fantastic opportunity to join a leading art & craft supplier who are hugely successful and rapidly growing. I’m looking for a dynamic and experienced Merchandiser who will play an integral role within the business.
As the Assistant Merchandiser, you will be working at the heart of the Operating
model to ensure that all commerce channels have the correct and adequate stock in the correct places at the correct time and in the correct quantities. Reporting to the Group Merchandising Manager, you will be work in partnership with the team to help accurately forecast sales trends, plan stock levels and monitor SKU performance to ensure profitability and efficiency in inventory management and delivery.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities: (include but are not limited to)
• Planning, Stock Management, Analysis & System Management
• Setting the display levels, constantly reviewing to ensure we are managing seasonal
fluctuations & responding to trends.
• Managing orders from the suppliers, ensuring stock availability is greater than
• Identify production and supply difficulties and dealing with any problems or delays as they
arise. Ensuring subsequent out of stocks are reported back to the business.
• Working with the Merchandising Manager to delist & derange stock & manage an exit plan of
• Assist in analysing of performance of ranges, recommending changes to ranges and driving
through the change in the business.
• As part of the Merchandising team assist in managing WSSI and OTB to ensure sales and
stock targets are achieved.
• Control stock levels based on forecasts.
• Work with the Merchandising Manager, Product team, and Membership team to analyse
every aspect of bestsellers (for example, the bestselling price points, colours or styles),
ensuring that bestsellers reach their full potential.
• Reduce stock holding, achieve sustainable cost reduction without impacting sales, constantly
reviewing and challenging the stock in the central warehouse.
Desired Knowledge Skills & Experience
• Energy, enthusiasm and passion- committed and enthusiastic
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience working, in a multi- brand retailer with a key passion and
drive for creating a positive impact on business
• Previous experience as a Merchandising Assistant, and demonstrable success within the
retail merchandising environment
• Driven by attention to detail, efficient operation standard and delivering results.
• Self- motivated and confident decision maker-mature and credible
• Extensive understanding of supply logistics and buying/merchandising cross category
• Commercially savvy with strong business acumen and market awareness.
• Strong communication, both written and verbal
• Ability to use standard Merchandising process systems and line forecasts
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
• A self-starter with the drive to achieve and exceed business expectations.
• Numerate with strong analytical skills.
• Able to prioritise workload and work to tight deadlines.
• Creative and proactive; able to use your own initiative
• Flexible-able to travel to different sites as and when required
• Team player with great interpersonal skills in order to rapidly build relationships with key
business partners, internal and external key contacts